Wednesday 27 December 2006

Call the fashion police


I have a pair of knee high socks, with stripes in black and all colours of the rainbow, that looks like something out of The Wizard of Oz. The same colours of the one in the left, but without the piano pattern.
Sometimes in the morning, before work, and think how I would like to wear those that day. I put them on, with some nice grey top and skirt, only to realize around mid day, that I must look like the Wicked Witch of The West, herself. Mind you, I'm 5'9"(1.75m), and on the opulent side of the scales. And there I am, in the middle of the work floor, making a mental picture of myself: black, low cut with small frill & bow wool top, grey fitted bias skirt, black/rainbow socks and brown shoes, please don't ask.
What has heaven or hell bestowed upon me, to go out looking like a clown? I tell you, lack of memory for breakfast! I forget that I've tried that combination before and did not work, and on top of that, I simply forget to look in the mirror, because I'm normally running late.
I must embroider those socks with something like: for my eyes only, do not ever wear, harmful when worn on mornings! Otherwise in one moth month, I'm back in sock hell again!
Oh Dory, oh Dory!

No comments: